Saturday, April 30, 2011

On My Wishlist (5)



On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It lets me share which books I really want but haven't gotten a hold of yet. They can be old, new, or one that has yet to be released.

On my wishlist this week is the rest of the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. I just finished the first one, Darkfever, yesterday, and I really enjoyed it.


Gosh darn thing won't put them in the correct order even though I have it the right way on my posting page. /sigh  Anyways....



Faefever (Fever, #3)
Faefever (Fever #3)
By Karen Marie Moning 

He calls me his Queen of the Night. I’d die for him. I’d kill for him, too. When MacKayla Lane receives a torn page from her dead sister’s journal, she is stunned by Alina’s desperate words. And now MacKayla knows that her sister’s killer is close. But evil is closer. And suddenly the sidhe-seer is on the hunt: For answers. For revenge. And for an ancient book of dark magic so evil, it corrupts anyone who touches it.

Mac’s quest for the Sinsar Dubh takes her into the mean, shape-shifting streets of Dublin, with a suspicious cop on her tail. Forced into a dangerous triangle of alliance with V’lane, an insatiable Fae prince of lethally erotic tastes, and Jericho Barrons, a man of primal desires and untold secrets, Mac is soon locked in a battle for her body, mind, and soul.

As All Hallows’ Eve approaches and the city descends into chaos, as a shocking truth about the Dark Book is uncovered, not even Mac can prevent a deadly race of immortals from shattering the walls between worlds—with devastating consequences.…



Dreamfever (Fever, #4)
Dreamfever (Fever #4)
By Karen Marie Moning

They may have stolen my past, but I’ll never let them take my future.

When the walls between Man and Fae come crashing down, freeing the insatiable, immortal Unseelie from their icy prison, MacKayla Lane is caught in a deadly trap. Captured by the Fae Lord Master, she is left with no memory of who or what she is: the only sidhe-seer alive who can track the Sinsar Dubh, a book of arcane black magic that holds the key to controlling both worlds.

Clawing her way back from oblivion is only the first step Mac must take down a perilous path, from the battle-filled streets of Dublin to the treacherous politics of an ancient, secret sect, through the tangled lies of men who claim to be her allies into the illusory world of the Fae themselves, where nothing is as it seems—and Mac is forced to face a soul-shattering truth.

Who do you trust when you can’t even trust yourself?


Shadowfever (Fever, #5)
Shadowfever (Fever #5)
By Karen Marie Moning

MacKayla Lane was just a child when she and her sister, Alina, were given up for adoption and banished from Ireland forever.
Twenty years later, Alina is dead and Mac has returned to the country that expelled them to hunt her sister’s murderer. But after discovering that she descends from a bloodline both gifted and cursed, Mac is plunged into a secret history: an ancient conflict between humans and immortals who have lived concealed among us for thousands of years.
 
What follows is a shocking chain of events with devastating consequences, and now Mac struggles to cope with grief while continuing her mission to acquire and control the Sinsar Dubh—a book of dark, forbidden magic scribed by the mythical Unseelie King, containing the power to create and destroy worlds.
 
In an epic battle between humans and Fae, the hunter becomes the hunted when the Sinsar Dubh turns on Mac and begins mowing a deadly path through those she loves.

Who can she turn to? Who can she trust? Who is the woman haunting her dreams? More important, who is Mac herself and what is the destiny she glimpses in the black and crimson designs of an ancient tarot card?

From the luxury of the Lord Master’s penthouse to the sordid depths of an Unseelie nightclub, from the erotic bed of her lover to the terrifying bed of the Unseelie King, Mac’s journey will force her to face the truth of her exile, and to make a choice that will either save the world . . . or destroy it.


What's on your wishlist?

Bloodfever (Fever, #2)
Bloodfever (Fever #2)
by Karen Marie Moning

I used to be your average, everyday girl but all that changed one night in Dublin when I saw my first Fae, and got dragged into a world of deadly immortals and ancient secrets...

In her fight to stay alive, MacKayla must find the Sinsar Dubh—a million-year-old book of the blackest magic imaginable, which holds the key to power over the worlds of both the Fae and Man. Pursued by assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she can’t trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and powerful men: V’lane, the immortal Fae Prince, and Jericho Barrons, a man as irresistible as he is dangerous.

For centuries the shadowy realm of the Fae has coexisted with that of humans. Now the walls between the two are coming down, and Mac is the only thing that stands between them.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series yet, but I love the blurbs! I'll have to add the whole series to my wish list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the series either but have been circling it for a while at the book store...I would like to give it a try though! Hope you get them soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE this series it is one of my favs, the final book Shadowfever is amazing, Barrons is my all time favourite number one book boyfriend!

    My wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a series that I have, but haven't started yet. I am very excited about it, but other books keep coming first! Hopefully within the next couple of months, I will fit it in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't able to get into that series myself, but I hope you love it when you read it! :)

    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  6. With things calming down, I have managed to get back to my wishlist. Come see what I'm wishing for.

    ReplyDelete