Saturday, April 30, 2011

Darkness Becomes Her (Gods & Monsters #1) by Kelly Keaton

Darkness Becomes Her (Gods & Monsters, #1)Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Absolutely loved it!



This book has some of everything I love to read about and more. It has elements from Greek mythology like the gods and goddesses and some of their monsters. There are also vampires, shifters, witches, and others that I couldn't even give a name to.



The book is about Ari, who knows she is different because of her silvery hair and teal eyes. What she doesn't initially know is that her differences from others are more than just how she looks. I love Ari. She's not just your normal heroine. Ari is one tough cookie. She has attitude and actually has been trained to defend herself or even fight back.



Ari heads to New 2 to find out about her mother and her past. New 2 is what New Orleans has become after two massive hurricanes nearly destroyed it 13 years ago.



Ari makes some new friends and even a cute boy after she arrives in New 2. First, there's Crank, real name Jenna, who delivers mail between The Rim and New 2. Dub does tricks and is a grave robber. Henri seems pretty normal.



Violet is the youngest of the bunch. She has fangs and is friends with a small white alligator named Pascal. I love Violet. She is soo smart for her age.



The cute boy that Ari meets is named Sebastian. He has black hair and amazing gray eyes. It seems like Sebastian and Ari have an instant connection. He helps out a lot in Ari's search for information about her past.



I cannot wait for the next book! I want to know more about all the characters and what will happen to them. I bet I will enjoy the next one just as much as I did this one. Don't know how I'll be able to wait for it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment