Saturday, April 23, 2011

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments #4) by Cassandra Clare

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I was soo excited when I found out that Cassie Clare would be writing three more books for the Mortal Instruments series. I absolutely loved the characters when I met them in the first three books.



This book focused a lot more on Simon. It was nice to kind of get more of a feel for somebody other than Clary and Jace.



There's a new guy named Kyle in this one. Yum. I think I kind of love him already. Haha.



Jace and Clary are finally together. You would think that that means everything with them is perfect, but no, there's always some new twist to throw at the happy couple. No happy ending for those two just yet.



I think it's awesome that Luke and Jocelyn are getting married. Hopefully after the Mortal War, things between Downworlders and Shadowhunters will become more friendly. I think the wedding could be a good step in that direction. I also love that Luke is getting a happily ever after of sorts. I <3 him.


We met some new baddies in this book too. And when I say bad, I mean pretty frickin' EVIL. They were awesome though. Caused some pretty big problems for the Shadowhunters.



The ending. Cassie Clare left us with a very frustrating cliffhanger at the very end. Sooo evil..... Haha. Waiting for City of Lost Souls is going to be very hard. I just might make it though, since Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices, #2) will be out in the fall to distract me.



To finish...... I really enjoyed City of Fallen Angels.



P.S. I bought the Barnes and Noble version of the book, which means I got Jace's letter to Clary in City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3). After reading it, I love him soooo much more. I very nearly teared up when I read it.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I think that Cassandra Clare picked the new villain perfectly.

    ReplyDelete