Sunday, March 20, 2011

Top 5 Sundays (1) - Books for an Urban Fantasy Newbie



Top 5 Sundays is a weekly meme hosted by Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life. I liked the topic of this Top 5, so I thought I'd do it even though I only have one follower. I guess this will just be kind of a list that I can look back on next year and see if they are still in my Top 5.  I would think they might change by next year, since I'll have read even more books by then. Yay!

Anyways..... On to my Top 5 Books for an Urban Fantasy Newbie



If I picked a number 1 for this list, this series would be it. I love this series. Totally love Merit. She's the best. Book #4 is out in May! I can't wait!








There's four books in the Aisling Grey: Guardian series. Aisling is awesome. She gets into soo much trouble sometimes, but most of the time it is completely hilarious. These books had me giggling a lot.





 
I'm almost done with the second book of this series. I love Persephone. She's really strong and determined even though she has all the new responsibilities popping up in her life.






Mercy is a tough chick. She's a mechanic and hangs with werewolves. She's a great heroine.






I've only read this first book of the Nicki Styx series, but I liked it. Poor girl nearly dies, and because of it, she can now see ghosts. It's gonna take some getting used to. I plan to continue with the series as soon as I get a chance.



And that's my Top 5. It was kind of fun. Maybe I'll have to do it again.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful picks, there are some I didn't know, but they'll end up on my wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks!! I have Some Girls Bite and Moon Called on my list as well.

    Congrats on your first Top Five Sunday post!!! :D

    Megan Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of these, I've only read the Mercedes Thompson series, but I really enjoyed it! I'll have to give the others a shot too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome picks!! I Love Vicious Circle, Moon Called and Some girls bite! =D

    ReplyDelete