Friday, August 5, 2011

Kiss Me Kill Me (Scarlett Wakefield #1) by Lauren Henderson

Kiss Me Kill Me (Scarlett Wakefield, #1)Kiss Me Kill Me by Lauren Henderson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I'm gonna have to go with 3 stars for this one. I liked it, but I didn't love it. I picked this up cuz it had been on my TBR, and it was on clearance for 2 bucks.



It was a nice YA read for me. I read A LOT of paranormal/fantasy/supernatural type books. So, this was something pretty different from normal.



Scarlett attends an all-girls school called St. Tabby's. She does gymnastics, and has 2 BFFs who are also in gymnastics. She and her friends are not popular at all. The popular girls of the school are all super rich and 'pretty'. So, of course they like to make fun of those not in their group.



So, when Scarlett gets invited to a party at one of the popular girl's homes, she jumps at the chance. Not only will she be attending a party, her hot crush, Dan, will also be there.



At the party, not only is Scarlett lucky enough to have Dan talk to her, he kisses her. And that is the start of their long relationship together...... Uh..... NOT..... In the middle of kissing Scarlett, Dan dies. (And now this book has a mystery....)



Scarlett leaves St. Tabby's, and begins attending school at Wakefield Hall where her grandmother is the headmistress.



Scarlett is still dealing with the fact that she may somehow have killed Dan with her kiss, when she receives a note that says it wasn't her fault. She then sets off to clear her name.



I enjoyed the mystery of this. I want to know how Dan died, and whether it was an accident or if somebody was actually out to kill him.



I liked the whole boarding school thing. I also liked that it's set in Britain. Something a little different for me.



I feel kind of 'eh' about the fact that there's four books in this series. I finished the book, which means that I was interested enough to read the whole thing. But, it wasn't super exciting, so I'm kind of not so much looking forward to reading three more books to find out what happened.



I plan to continue on with the series when I get a chance. I really want to know what happened to Dan. Darn mysteries. That's how they get you to keep reading.



View all my reviews

1 comment: