Saturday, June 18, 2011

Spring into Summer Read-a-thon Report #1


Click the image to learn more!

It's the end of Day #1 and it's report time! Remember, you MUST do this if you want to be considered for the "most read" prize at the end. Answer the following seven questions and then put your links below! You have 12 hours to do this, until day 2 starts. My answers are below the questions.

  1. First of all, give us an end-of-day status update. Books read, pages read, you know the drill!
  2. What is the favorite thing you have read today?
  3. Which mini-challenge was your favorite?
  4. What has been your favorite thing about the read-a-thon?
  5. What has been your LEAST favorite thing about the read-a-thon?
  6. Are you on track to meet your goals?
  7. Will you be participating tomorrow? Do you have any new goals? 


1. Update time
  • Currently Reading: I am currently reading Goddess Boot Camp (Oh. My. Gods. #2) by Tera Lynn Childs. 
  •  Total Books Read: 0.2 books (finished reading Magic Bites)
  • Total Pages Read: 104
  • Books Read Since Last Update: End of Magic Bites and started Goddess Boot Camp
  • Pages Read since last update: 30 (read before I went to bed)
  • Total time read: 3 hours
  • How I'm currently feeling: Haven't read anything since the last update. Posted that one later and doing this one early.

2. Favorite thing I read today would have to be the end of Magic Bites. If my library would have had the next one, Magic Burns, I would probably be reading that right now instead of Goddess Boot Camp.

3. Surprisingly, I think my favorite Mini-Challenge was the 100 words or less story. I was amazed I came up with anything at all, let alone more than 100 words.

4. My favorite thing about the read-a-thon has been participating in the mini-challenges and seeing what others come up with when they participate in the mini-challenges.

5. My LEAST favorite thing about the read-a-thon is my attention span. I get distracted easily. I can't read in silence, but if I have music with words on then I want to sing along, and the singing makes me read slower. Sometimes, I'll have the tv on for background noise, but then I end up watching a bit of that. Plus, soon I'm going to have to distract myself with sleep and work. So, no reading will be accomplished then either. It also takes me forever to do the posts for the challenges. I'm soo slow, and then I need to make sure it's perfect. Oh well....

6. I finished Magic Bites, which was overdue to the library (Don't worry! I paid my fine!), so I'm happy about that. I didn't really want to hold myself down to a set goal, because work and sleep will have to interrupt my reading. But, if I finish Goddess Boot Camp by the end of the read-a-thon, then I'll be super happy.

7. I will be participating tomorrow as much as I can. Might have to throw a nap in after work though. No new goals. I would like to finish Goddess Boot Camp and hopefully start something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment