Friday, June 17, 2011

Spring into Summer Read-a-thon (Has started!) This is going to be my mini-challenge/UPDATES post


Click the image to learn more!



Mini Challenge #1 (and update)

Favorite and least favorite movie adaptation of a book.

Mini Challenge Answers:
  • Favorite book-movie adaptation: The Harry Potter movies would have to be my favorite book-movie adaptations. (Can't wait for HP7 Part 2 to come out! I'm gonna cry soo bad at the end!) I also thought that The Lightning Thief book-movie adaptation was good. (Could've been better, but I still liked it.)
  • Least favorite book-movie adaptation: I can't really think of one that's a least favorite. I wasn't completely happy with Beastly. I still liked it, but I thought they could've done things closer to how the book went. (Gosh, this question just made me super nervous about how The Hunger Games movie and The City of Bones movie are going to turn out.....)

Update:
  • Currently Reading: I'm going to finish up reading Magic Bites (Kate Daniels #1) by Ilona Andrews. Right now I'm on page 206.
  • Total Books Read: 0
  • Total Pages Read: 0
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 0
  • Total time read: 0
  • How I'm currently feeling: I slept in, so I'm just getting started.


Fun Thing #2 (and update)

Create a wordle for your blog.

Here's mine!


Well, obviously I say book/books a lot. Haha. I like how the darn thing created it's own little phrases that I know I did not actually say. For example, AndrewsEcstasy. Lol. I spent more time getting the darn thing to work than reading though. Whoops....



Update:
  • Currently Reading: I'm going to finish up reading Magic Bites (Kate Daniels #1) by Ilona Andrews. Starting at page 206.
  • Total Books Read: 3
  • Total Pages Read: 0
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 3
  • Total time read: 5 mins
  • How I'm currently feeling: Darn wordle distracted me....

Mini Challenge #3 (and update)

Write a story 100 words or less that contains ALL of the following words:
  • Shaman
  • Lime
  • Laser
  • Goat

I'm gonna give this a try. Definitely not a writer, so we'll see what comes out.

Here's my 100 word or less submission.... I actually ended up with more than that. I know! Surprised me too.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upon opening his front door, the shaman's senses were overloaded with all the activity in the neighborhood. He could smell the limes that the neighbors across the street were cutting up to use in margaritas. Two houses down, the shaman saw a bunch of kids playing laser tag in big yard with lots of trees to hide behind. From somewhere unknown, he could hear the sounds of goats bah-ing. Perhaps someone was hosting a petting zoo.



The shaman stepped out onto his porch, shut the front door, and went off to see why everyone was having such a good time. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Here's the whole thing I came up with in case anyone was wondering.......

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The shaman was sitting in his recliner reading a book, when noises outside his window caught his attention. He looked out and saw a huge neighborhood block party going on. 

The shaman didn't know any of his neighbors, because he didn't really like socializing with anyone. Now that he could hear all of the fun that everyone out there was having, he came to a realization. He thought, What am I doing? If I don't ever talk to anyone, who will know that I ever existed? Who will even care when I'm gone? Those thoughts solidified the decision in the shaman's mind. He was going out to that party.

Upon opening his front door, the shaman's senses were overloaded with all the activity in the neighborhood.  He felt the luxurious warmth of the sun on his face. He could smell the limes that the neighbors across the street were cutting up to use in margaritas. Two houses down on the right, the shaman saw a bunch of kids playing laser tag in big yard with lots of trees to hide behind. From somewhere unknown, he could hear the sounds of goats bah-ing. Perhaps someone was hosting a petting zoo.

Finally, the shaman stepped out onto his porch, shut the front door, and went off to see why everyone was having such a good time.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Now on to my update.....


Update:
  • Currently Reading: I'm going to finish up reading Magic Bites (Kate Daniels #1) by Ilona Andrews. Starting at page 206. I finished Magic Bites!
  • Total Books Read: 54
  • Total Pages Read: 0.2 books
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0.2 books
  • Pages Read since last update: 51
  • Total time read: 1 hour 30 mins
  • How I'm currently feeling: I am super hungry. I'm going to the library and to get something to eat.

Mini Challenge (and update) #4

For this mini-challenge you need to create a puzzle that consists of about three images which describes a book.

Here's my puzzle in 3 pictures (3 images = 3 word title):




Good luck!

Update:
  • Currently Reading: I'm going to finish up reading Magic Bites (Kate Daniels #1) by Ilona Andrews. Starting at page 206. I finished Magic Bites!
  • Total Books Read: 54
  • Total Pages Read: 0.2 books
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0.2 books
  • Pages Read since last update: 51
  • Total time read: 1 hour 30 mins
  • How I'm currently feeling: I am eating dinner. So, I'm happy. Haha. Might pop in No Strings Attached while I'm eating. Should definitely be starting reading again at the next Challenge/Update post.

Ok. First off, the answer to the mystery picture book title challenge is.....


Which I am currently reading.


Mini Challenge (and update) #4

You need to create a complete sentence using ONLY book titles (no cheating!), and you need AT LEAST three.

My sentence.....

Personal Demons Hunted Beautiful Creatures.

(The books and I even took a little field trip outside to take the picture. Haha)

Update:
  • Currently Reading: I am currently reading Goddess Boot Camp (Oh. My. Gods. #2) by Tera Lynn Childs. 
  •  Total Books Read: 0.2 books (finished reading Magic Bites)
  • Total Pages Read: 74
  • Books Read Since Last Update: End of Magic Bites and started Goddess Boot Camp
  • Pages Read since last update: 51
  • Total time read: 2 hours
  • How I'm currently feeling: Haven't been reading much. Had dinner and watched No Strings Attached. Hoping to get a bit done before I need to catch some Zzzzzs for work.






    4 comments:

    1. New follower! I'm a participant in the SIS Read-a-thon too.

      I love that we have similar tastes! All of the books on your right column are faves of mine (or are on my TBR list) too!

      Best of luck with the challenges.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Well, if I had to guess I would say Goddess Boot Camp! Lol :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hmmm, I would have said Warrior Boot Camp! I don't even know if that is a book!

      I hope that you enjoy Magic Bites, I have been wanting to read that series!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I have heard such great things about Magic Bites, I hope you enjoyed it. Good luck with the rest of the thon.

      ReplyDelete