Saturday, June 18, 2011

FINISH LINE! Spring into Summer Read-a-thon Report 2



The read-a-thon is officially over! Feel free to keep reading, but from now on your reading no longer qualifies you for the "most read" prize. You have until MIDNIGHT MST to post this update, which gives you 4 hours. But remember ONLY READING DONE PRIOR TO RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE (8:00pm MST) counts. I don't really have any way of making sure you do this, but I like to think people are honest.

Here's the questions for Report #2. These reports are for my benefit. This is the first read-a-thon I have ever participated in (so it's obviously the first one I've hosted). I'm still learning! Your answers will make the next read-a-thon even better! SO BE HONEST. You won't hurt my feelings. I promise.


  1. First of all, give us an end-of-read-a-thon status update. Books read, pages read, you know the drill!
  2. What is your favorite book you read during the read-a-thon?
  3. Did you participate in any mini-challenges? Which ones?
  4. Which mini-challenge was your favorite?
  5. What has been your favorite thing about the read-a-thon?
  6. Are you satisfied with how much reading you got done? Did you do more than you expected? Less?
  7. What did you think of the updates? Too close together? Didn't like the time limit?
  8. If you could change one thing about the read-a-thon, what would it be?
  9. Would you participate in another read-a-thon hosted by Squeaky Books? Why or why not? (Again, I won't cry if you say "no")
  10. Any last comments on the read-a-thon?

1. Update time
  • Currently Reading: I am currently reading Goddess Boot Camp (Oh. My. Gods. #2) by Tera Lynn Childs. 
  •  Total Books Read: 0.2 books (finished reading Magic Bites) and 70% of Goddess Boot Camp
  • Total Pages Read: 237
  • Books Read Since Last Update: Reading Goddess Boot Camp.
  • Pages Read since last update: 57
  • Total time read: 5 hours 30 mins
  •  How I'm currently feeling: It was almost a whole book if you put it together..... Lol. I think I read more than the last read-a-thon I did, though. So, I'm improving. I feel good. I read more than I normally do, I think. It was fun.

2. I like both of my books, Magic Bites and Goddess Boot Camp.

3. I did all of the challenges. Although, I did miss posting my linky for #8, cuz I slept through the whole challenge. Whoops.

4. I liked all the challenges. The wordle was fun, although it took me a while to get the darn thing to work. I think I liked writing my little 100 word story the most. I didn't really think I could it.

5. I don't really have a favorite thing about the whole read-a-thon. It was all fun. The challenges were cool, and they gave me a break from the reading for a bit. (Although, I probably spent more time on my computer and doing the challenges than actually reading. Lol.) I liked seeing the other participants challenge answers, and just looking at their blogs. (Added a bunch of them to follow.)

6. I had hoped I would do more reading, but I am really glad that I actually read as much as I did. I really wanted to finish Goddess Boot Camp, but I really needed that nap. Oh well.

7. I thought the updates were fine. Maybe 3 hours between would've worked better for me, cuz I probably spent at least 30 minutes on the computer each time I was doing an update. (That's not just cuz of the update though. I would check my e-mail and twitter and whatnot.)

8. I thought the whole thing was great. This was only the second one I've participated in too. Maybe do 3 hours between updates instead of 2, but I would do that, cuz it would work better for me.

9. I most definitely WOULD particpate again. It was a lot of fun. I'm determined to do more next time!

10. Thanks sooo much for hosting the read-a-thon. I had a really good time. I thought it was well organized, and the challenges were fun and interesting.  

Thanks, Enna Isilee!!  :-D


 Wow, that was a bunch of fun. I sooo need some more sleep now.

1 comment:

  1. That is definitely enough reading for 1 book. I enjoyed the readathon too.

    ReplyDelete