Saturday, May 28, 2011

On My Wishlist (7)


On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It lets me share which books I really want but haven't gotten a hold of yet. They can be old, new, or one that has yet to be released.

Here's what I want to get my hands on this week.....


 Numbers (Numbers #1) 
by Rachel Ward

Whenever Jem meets someone new, no matter who, as soon as she looks into their eyes, a number pops into her head. That number is a date: the date they will die.

Burdened with such an awful awareness, Jem avoids relationships. Until she meets Spider, another outsider, and takes a chance. But while they’re waiting to ride the Eye Ferris
wheel, Jem notices that all the other tourists in line flash the same number. Today’s number. Today’s date. Terrorists are going to attack London. Jem’s world is about to explode!





     Original Sin (Seven Deadly Sins #1) 
by Allison Brennan

Haunted by chilling memories of demonic possession and murder, Moira O’Donnell has spent seven years hunting down her mother, Fiona, whose command of black magic has granted her unprecedented control of the underworld. Now Moira’s global search has led her to a small California town that’s about to become hell on earth.

Tormented by his own terrifying past and driven by powers he can’t explain, ex-seminarian Rafe Cooper joins Moira’s dangerous quest. But Fiona is one devilish step ahead. Hungry for greater power, eternal youth, and stunning beauty, the sorceress is unleashing upon the mortal world the living incarnations of the Seven Deadly Sins.

Together with a demonologist, a tough female sheriff, and a pair of star-crossed teenagers, Moira and Rafe are humanity’s last chance to snatch salvation from the howling jaws of damnation.

 Déjà Dead (Temperance Brennan #1)
by Kathy Reichs

Forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance Brennan has finally planned a weekend off to explore Montreal. But when an unidentified female corpse is discovered meticulously dismembered and stashed in garbage bags, her weekend plans--and her life--are turned upside down.

4 comments:

  1. Great picks! I still haven't read Numbers but it does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack Rachel Ward series in on my list, but who knows when I will get to it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That reminds me, I have a couple older books in Kathy Reich's series to read.

    My featured wish comes from the Armchair BEA interview I conducted earlier in the week. Come see who I interviewed and what book I've added.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read Deja Dead and I enjoyed it although it wasn't my favorite. I've been meaning to continue on with the series every since though :) Both of the other books are on my wishlist as well. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete